Hampshire House is an exceptional assisted-living community overlooking the beautiful rolling mountains and lush green valleys of Oneonta, NY, close to Albany, NY.
Our unique location is just one of the many advantages of our home. Our comfortable atmosphere is coupled with excellent care provided by dedicated, compassionate caregivers. Our comprehensive services and amenities for seniors have been designed to promote independence and enhance our residents’ quality of life.
We offer Assisted Living
We pride ourselves in offering services that help our residents remain as independent as possible while providing compassionate care in a respectful and dignified setting. Our professional staff completes a thorough assessment of all residents before admission and on an ongoing basis to ensure that each resident’s care plan is as individual as the resident themself.
Our community has been designed with all resident apartments and most common spaces on a single level, allowing our residents to experience all of our exciting and unique amenities readily.
We tailor our services to our seniors’ individual needs and requirements, including a flexible adult daycare and respite stays for up to six weeks that can serve as a trial period to see if Hampshire House is a good fit for your loved one.
- A variety of apartment accommodations are available including two sizes of private apartments with private baths, private apartments with shared baths and semi private apartments
- Although apartments are furnished, residents are encouraged to bring cherished belongings and furnishings
- Basic cable hook-up and internet access in each apartment
- 24-hour emergency call systems in each resident apartment and bathroom
- A roomy main dining room offers restaurant-style dining
- Three well-balanced, chef-prepared meals and snacks served each day
- Table-side serving by our chef
- Therapeutic diets available
- A more intimate dining area is provided for those residents who are more comfortable with a less busy experience with individualized attention
- Private dining room available for special family get-togethers
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Housekeeping, Linen and Personal Laundry Service Provided
- Affiliation with local multi-specialty medical group including onsite visits on a regular basis and consultation with a comprehensive range of medical specialists
- Monthly podiatrist visits
- On-call medical consultant
- 24-hour on-site personal care staff
- Assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Medication supervision and assistance
- Pharmacy services
- Audio consultations as needed
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Billiards table
- Computer lab
- Web cam available with resident and family instruction so that our residents and family and friends can video visit at anytime via Skype
- Shopping trips and excursions, including concerts, museums and cultural events
- Diversified activities and social events planned 7-days per week
- Weekly Happy Hour on Friday afternoons
Visitation Plan During Covid19 (Updated October 2020)
The community visitation plan was developed considering recommendations from the Department of Health Regulations and CDC Guidelines. We also take into account the case status in the area surrounding the community, testing access, availability of protective equipment and supplies, staffing levels, presence/absence of COVID-19 cases in the facility, capacity of the local hospital to manage an outbreak, resident meal times, as well as other internal scheduled facility events.
- Indoor visitation will begin effective July 22, 2020
- Visitation days are Wednesday and Friday. (this schedule will expand to additional days if the need arises to accommodate all families)
- Visitation times are: 10 am to 11:30 am and 1 pm to 4 pm.
- An appointment is necessary to schedule a visit. Please call Jennifer Insetta at 607-432-6171 to schedule your visit.
- Visitation is limited to weekly 1 hour to ensure all resident visitation can be accommodated.
- Please contact Jennifer Insetta if a resident is on hospice services to discuss the hospice visitation policy.
- The number of visitors is limited to two individuals over the age of 18
- Visitors are requested not to arrive before the appointed visiting time.
- Visitors will be greeted by staff outside the facility at the main entrance where they will sign in, completed the screening form, and have their temperature checked. The sign-in form will not be shared with others and will be securely stored to protect the information recorded. Visitors will receive a copy of the Visitor Information Handout.
- Upon successfully completing the screening procedure, the visitor (s) will perform hand hygiene, don a mask, and be escorted to the designated visiting area. Staff will assist the resident with hand hygiene and donning a mask, then escort the resident to the visiting area. Staff will assist the resident as needed during the visit.
- No food or drinks are allowed during the visit.
- Public restroom facilities will not be available for visitor use.
- Visitors and residents are seated 6 feet apart. If the resident is not able to wear a mask, the distance will be increased to 12 feet.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from physical contact with the resident.
- Visitation will be temporarily halted in the event COVID -19 diagnoses are confirmed for residents or staff.
- Hand hygiene materials are available during the visit.
- At the conclusion of the visit, the resident and staff will be escorted out of the designated visiting area to do sanitation procedures.
- Please be aware that any visitor will be restricted during the COVID19 state’s duration declared public health emergency for failure to adhere to the visitation protocol.