Hampshire House is an exceptional assisted-living community overlooking the beautiful rolling mountains and lush green valleys of Oneonta, NY, close to Albany, NY.
Our unique location is just one of the many advantages of our home. Our comfortable atmosphere is coupled with excellent care provided by dedicated, compassionate caregivers. Our comprehensive services and amenities for seniors have been designed to promote independence and enhance our residents’ quality of life.
We offer Assisted Living
We pride ourselves in offering services that help our residents remain as independent as possible while providing compassionate care in a respectful and dignified setting. Our professional staff completes a thorough assessment of all residents before admission and on an ongoing basis to ensure that each resident’s care plan is as individual as the resident themself.
Our community has been designed with all resident apartments and most common spaces on a single level, allowing our residents to experience all of our exciting and unique amenities readily.
We tailor our services to our seniors’ individual needs and requirements, including a flexible adult daycare and respite stays for up to six weeks that can serve as a trial period to see if Hampshire House is a good fit for your loved one.
- A variety of apartment accommodations are available including two sizes of private apartments with private baths, private apartments with shared baths and semi private apartments
- Although apartments are furnished, residents are encouraged to bring cherished belongings and furnishings
- Basic cable hook-up and internet access in each apartment
- 24-hour emergency call systems in each resident apartment and bathroom
- A roomy main dining room offers restaurant-style dining
- Three well-balanced, chef-prepared meals and snacks served each day
- Table-side serving by our chef
- Therapeutic diets available
- A more intimate dining area is provided for those residents who are more comfortable with a less busy experience with individualized attention
- Private dining room available for special family get-togethers
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Housekeeping, Linen and Personal Laundry Service Provided
- Affiliation with local multi-specialty medical group including onsite visits on a regular basis and consultation with a comprehensive range of medical specialists
- Monthly podiatrist visits
- On-call medical consultant
- 24-hour on-site personal care staff
- Assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Medication supervision and assistance
- Pharmacy services
- Audio consultations as needed
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Billiards table
- Computer lab
- Web cam available with resident and family instruction so that our residents and family and friends can video visit at anytime via Skype
- Shopping trips and excursions, including concerts, museums and cultural events
- Diversified activities and social events planned 7-days per week
- Weekly Happy Hour on Friday afternoons
Visitation Guidelines Update after March 29th, 2021
New York Assisted Living Residents Celebrate Newly-Released Visitation Guidelines and the Resumption of Communal Community Activities
Clifton Park, NY, March 29, 2021 – The patience of thousands of NY seniors and their families have finally been rewarded with relaxed visitation and communal activities now being authorized by the New York State Department of Health, the regulating agency.
The Department of Health’s new guidelines, issued on March 25th, has essentially opened the doors again for over 50,000 residents who call the assisted living community their home. This long-awaited guidance is based on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMC) guidelines and allows for visitation more widely and for residents to go on outings without the heavy burden of having to quarantine for 14 days upon return.
“Assisted living residents, family members, providers and staff have been through an extraordinarily difficult year. For providers, keeping COVID-19 out of buildings has been the core focus, but the human and emotional costs cannot be overstated,” said Lisa Newcomb, Executive Director, Empire State Association of Assisted Living. “The new guidance will allow more frequent and meaningful interactions between residents and their loved ones.”
Newcomb makes note of some particularly significant changes that the new guidance makes, including that visitation and other activities will no longer need to be shut down for 14 days for all residents if there is a new positive resident or staff case. In addition, standards for group activities and communal dining have been relaxed. These changes mean that residents will be able to enjoy time with their fellow residents, that they call friends, and enjoy all the wonderful amenities and activities provided by their assisted living community.
“The vaccine is the game-changer. The overwhelming majority of our residents are fully vaccinated. Due to the pronounced efficacy of the vaccines in preventing COVID-19, the NYS Department of Health has given residents and providers the much-needed green light to re-open their doors and provide for a more active lifestyle for the seniors in our care,” added Newcomb.
About Empire State Association of Assisted Living Empire State Association of Assisted Living is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to strengthening New York State’s assisted living sector and promoting the best interests of providers and residents. Founded in 1979, ESAAL is the only association that exclusively represents the assisted living industry, serving 300 Assisted Living Residences, Adult Homes, Enriched Housing Programs and Assisted Living Programs throughout New York State. These member residences are home to more than 30,000 seniors
Welcome to Hampshire House
Message from the Executive Director of Hampshire House