WELLNESS DIRECTOR (Director of Nursing)
The Wellness Director is responsible for the management and operation of the community within all applicable federal, state and local rules, regulations and statutes, as well as prevailing professional standards. In addition, the Wellness Director is responsible for the direction and supervision of all health care services and programs within the community.
· A currently licensed Registered Nurse w(RN)
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major work in human services or service delivery and one year full time experience in the provision of services to a dependent adult population.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in management of a health care team.
· Demonstrated caring attitude towards those in need of care.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate and evaluate staff.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work with people and be team oriented.
· Must meet all state health requirements.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Directly supervises all employees of the nursing department while on shift.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; participating in performance appraisal process, rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Availability to participate in mandatory monthly Wellness conference calls and daily management meetings.
• Maintain sufficient number of adequately trained and experienced staff to care for residents.
• Participation in employee recognition activities.
• Maintain Quality of Care standard within prevailing Professional Standards.
• Develop, maintain, and participate in a QA Committee who shall review and approve resident care policies, audit care records and serve various other advisory function as requested by the governing authority.
• Participate in the review and revision of the Community Policies and Procedures annually.
• Implement resident care staff orientation, in-services and training programs in accordance with state regulations.
• Ensure that the Wellness Operations and Standards comply with all Local, State and Federal Rules, Regulations and Statutes as they relate to Case
Management and Resident Care.
• Maintain accurate and complete departmental records as required.
• Ensure programming is effectively managed and implemented.
• Ensure that staff are assigned in accordance with training and experience.
Staffing and Retention
• Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of Wellness personnel.
• Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and in making determinations regarding granting employee requests of time off or other modifications in work schedules.
• Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying out disciplinary action where appropriate.
• Evaluate performance and effectively make changes to employment based on such evaluations with the Executive Director; train, coach and discipline resident care staff as necessary.
Business and Budgeting
• Financially accountable for the Wellness Department, operating the department in accordance with the approved budget, under the direction of the Executive Director.
• Monitor Wellness Department labor, no overtime allowed unless approved by the Executive Director.
Community Relations and Marketing
• Develop positive relationships with State Regulators, the community at large, families and residents on behalf of the Community.
• Develop partnerships with professional organizations and associations.
• Assures that all employee functions in the department are carried out in a kind and courteous manner.
• Reinforce Company Branding Promise; “Exceptional Care…Exceptionally Caring…Exceeding Expectations” by creating a customer experience of the highest quality.
• Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding resident’s rights.
• Attend and participate in continuing educational programs designed to keep the department and staff abreast of changes in Wellness Services and related profession.
• Cope with most problems; confer with the Executive Director, reporting operational information one-on-one or at management meetings.
• Any and all other duties assigned by the Executive Director, Corporate Quality Assurance Director, Chief Operating Officer or the Ownership.
• Must be Flexible with work schedule and related job assignments.
• Able to work full time, one weekend per month as manager on duty, holidays, attend family meetings held at the community as needed and any facility function/gatherings.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
• Must possess sight or hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
• Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the communities, which may include a medical and physical examination.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 5 pounds and a maximum of 50 pounds, periodically and/or
OSHA Category Classification
Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, Infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
LPN -Part Time/Per Diem
Assisted Living facility in Geneva NY is seeking experienced LPN’s to join our team.
- Assisted Living experience preferred but will train right candidate.
- Experience with Eldermark a plus.
- Full or part positions available on Eves. Flexibility a must.
- We are looking for dedicated, caring, exceptional nurses to become part of our team!
- Minimum one year experience
Required license or certification:
- Current valid NYS nursing license
Salary: $14.25+ Based on Exp.
HOUSEKEEPER -Full- Time
Cleans public areas and resident’s rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens, floors, furniture and common areas.
Performs all housekeeping duties including:cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
Sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
Dusting furniture and equipment; polishing metalwork washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
Washes windows at reasonable heights through out the community as requested.
Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
Stocks cleaning cart with supplies.
Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
Able to operates cleaning equipment such as: brooms, mops, vacuums, etc
Able to work various schedules and/or shifts as needed and every other weekend.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.70-$10.05 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Housekeeping: 1 year