Wellness Director (RN) -Full Time
The Wellness Director (a Registered Nurse RN) is responsible for the management and operation of the community within all applicable federal, state and local rules, regulations and statutes, as well as prevailing professional standards. In addition, the Wellness Director is responsible for the direction and supervision of all health care services and programs within the community.
New York (ALR/SNALR/ALP Home)
• A currently licensed registered nurse (RN) with a minimum of (3) three years full time experience, or
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major work in human services or service delivery and one year full time experience in the provision of services to a dependent adult population.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in management of a health care team.
• Demonstrated caring attitude towards those in need of care.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and evaluate staff.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with people and be team oriented.
• Must meet all state health requirements.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Directly supervises all employees of the nursing department while on shift.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; participating in performance appraisal process, rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Availability to participate in mandatory monthly Wellness conference calls and daily management meetings.
• Maintain sufficient number of adequately trained and experienced staff to care for residents.
• Participation in employee recognition activities.
• Maintain Quality of Care standard within prevailing Professional Standards.
• Develop, maintain, and participate in a QA Committee who shall review and approve resident care policies, audit care records and serve various other advisory function as requested by the governing authority.
• Participate in the review and revision of the Community Policies and Procedures annually.
• Implement resident care staff orientation, in-services and training programs in accordance with state regulations.
• Ensure that the Wellness Operations and Standards comply with all Local, State and Federal Rules, Regulations and Statutes as they relate to Case
Management and Resident Care.
• Maintain accurate and complete departmental records as required.
• Ensure programming is effectively managed and implemented.
• Ensure that staff are assigned in accordance with training and experience.
Staffing and Retention
• Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of Wellness personnel.
• Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and in making determinations regarding granting employee requests of time off or other modifications in work schedules.
• Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying out disciplinary action where appropriate.
• Evaluate performance and effectively make changes to employment based on such evaluations with the Executive Director; train, coach and discipline resident care staff as necessary.
Business and Budgeting
• Financially accountable for the Wellness Department, operating the department in accordance with the approved budget, under the direction of the Executive Director.
• Monitor Wellness Department labor, no overtime allowed unless approved by the Executive Director.
Community Relations and Marketing
• Develop positive relationships with State Regulators, the community at large, families and residents on behalf of the Community.
• Develop partnerships with professional organizations and associations.
• Assures that all employee functions in the department are carried out in a kind and courteous manner.
• Reinforce Company Branding Promise; “Exceptional Care…Exceptionally Caring…Exceeding Expectations” by creating a customer experience of the highest quality.
• Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding resident’s rights.
• Attend and participate in continuing educational programs designed to keep the department and staff abreast of changes in Wellness Services and related profession.
• Cope with most problems; confer with the Executive Director, reporting operational information one-on-one or at management meetings.
• Any and all other duties assigned by the Executive Director, Corporate Quality Assurance Director, Chief Operating Officer or the Ownership.
• Must be Flexible with work schedule and related job assignments.
• Able to work full time, one weekend per month as manager on duty, holidays, attend family meetings held at the community as needed and any facility function/gatherings.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
• Must possess sight or hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
• Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the communities, which may include a medical and physical examination.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 5 pounds and a maximum of 50 pounds, periodically and/or
OSHA Category Classification
Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, Infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities reasonable. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Maintenance Director – Full Time
The maintenance director is responsible for ensuring that the community is safe, attractive and well maintained and is operating within the community maintenance budget. To be effective, Maintenance Directors must maintain and support strong management teams that work together to service the needs of residents and employees.
Our most successful Maintenance Directors operate with a sense of pride and ownership in the success of their communities. And, the best reward is the love and care of the second family found among the special people who live and work in our community.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
• Relevant work experience (5 plus years preferred)
• Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
• Must have basic reporting and organizational skills
• Must be capable of maintaining full time attendance
• Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
• Must meet health requirements, including TB
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must pass a criminal background check
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Successfully complete training as required by state regulations
• Organized team player with the ability to multi-task in a team environment
• Proven skills to work independently, be self-motivated and goal oriented
• Ability to supervise employees using independent judgment and discretion
• Work closely with the Executive Director to help evaluate and find solutions to routine maintenance needs
• Care for the routine maintenance needs of the Community and its residents as if they were your own home and family
• Assist Executive Director with fire and life safety training and drills
• Be extremely familiar with life safety and all operational systems in the Community
• Respond to resident/director/staff requests for maintenance through maintenance reports and log system
• Ensure 24-hour repair/response time for all daily maintenance requests
• All minor repairs including: basic carpentry, painting, electricity, plumbing, locksmith and preventative maintenance
• Carry out tasks associated with a standardized preventative maintenance requests
• Communities must be neat, paint and wall coverings clean, sound and chip/scratch free
• Maintenance staff will have a keen sense of detail with regard to these items
• Patching, painting and repair will be a major part of the maintenance program as well as carpet care and maintenance
• Grounds, building exterior and interior, signage are maintained year-round
• Landscaping and lawns will be weeded and trimmed
• Season foliage is also part of exterior maintenance plan
• Drive community residents to outings or appointments as requested by the Executive Director
• Maintain a clean and safe community vehicle
• Responsible for all preventative maintenance on the vehicle and inspections
• Responsible for ensuring that the insurance cards are kept in the vehicle
• Maintain documentation required by the state for activity planning, organization, evaluation and goals
• Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program
• Complete required monthly audits
Supervisory Functions-if applicable
• Responsible for supervising, assigning significant overall duties and tasks and reasonably directing the work of any maintenance employees, housekeeping or laundry employees with full accountability for the performance of subordinates
• Ensure staff is trained properly and that they safely use all equipment and chemicals.
• Demonstrate independent judgment and discretion
• Train and supervise maintenance assistant if applicable
• Interview, make hiring recommendations and orient new staff as needed
• Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and in making determinations regarding granting employee request for time off or other modifications in work schedules
• There is a NO OVERTIME policy, ensure that you and your staff adhere to this and adjust hours with the day, week or pay period as necessary to accommodate. Only the Executive Director has the authority to override this policy
• Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying out disciplinary action where appropriate
• Communicate and enforce policies and procedures including the policies and procedures dealing with rules of employee conduct, safety, sanitation and other employee policies.
• Coach, Train and Discipline employees as per policy
• Evaluate employees and make recommendations to the Executive Director based on the evaluations
• Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights
• Responsible for ensuring that employee attend all required in-service trainings and that the training is documented
• Provide in-service trainings as needed
• Conduct routine inspections of services being provided to ensure highest quality
• Complete Quality Assurance Audits monthly for submission to Executive Director
• Maintain current knowledge of State Regulations and ensure compliance in all surveys conducted by licensing authority
Community Staffing and Retention
• Select qualified, appropriate candidates for employment
• Ensure training and incentive programs are in place and working properly
• Monitor employee morale, maintaining high level of team spirit and cohesion.
• Ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws and company policies
• Manage turnover
• Maintain network and recruitment sources Business Management
• Manage department budgets
• Complete projects in house whenever possible vs. hiring outside contractors
• Secure 2-3 bids on every large project in a timely manner for submission and consideration by the Executive Director, the Chief Operating Officer
• Monitor labor costs
Sales, Marketing and Revenue
• Effectively participate in all phases of the internal sales process: inquiry calls, pre-tour, tour and posttour (closing) as part of the manager on duty responsibilities and part of the communities management team
• Effectively perform all phases of external relationship-building/partnering with referral sources
• Maintenance Director may participate in and supervise external sales and marketing calls and activities
Community Relations/Case Management-If applicable
• Develop positive relationships with State regulators, the community at large, families and residents on behalf of the Community and Premier Senior Living
• Develop partnerships with professional organizations and associations
• Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service
• Reinforce Company Brand Promise; “Exceptional Care….Exceptionally Caring…Exceeding Expectations” by creating a customer experience of the highest quality
• Promote and encourage residents to participate in activities
• Follow & communicate company policies and procedures
• Anything else required for the safety and wellbeing of the residents and the business.
LPN (EVES) -Part Time/Per Diem
Assisted Living facility in Geneva NY is seeking experienced LPN’s to join our team.
- Assisted Living experience preferred but will train right candidate.
- Experience with Eldermark a plus.
- Full or part positions available on Eves. Flexibility a must.
- We are looking for dedicated, caring, exceptional nurses to become part of our team!
- Minimum one year experience
Required license or certification:
- Current valid NYS nursing license
Housekeeper – Days
Cleans public areas and resident’s rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens, floors, furniture and common areas.
Performs all housekeeping duties including:cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
Sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
Dusting furniture and equipment; polishing metalwork washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
Washes windows at reasonable heights through out the community as requested.
Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
Stocks cleaning cart with supplies.
Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
Able to operates cleaning equipment such as: brooms, mops, vacuums, etc
Able to work various schedules and/or shifts as needed and every other weekend.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.70 /hour
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Housekeeping: 1 year