Park Terrace at Radisson
Park Terrace is located in the picturesque Radisson Community in Baldwinsville, NY, close to Syracuse, NY.
Our community is just a short drive from Beaver Lake Nature Center, Onondaga Lake Park, and all Syracuse’s great attractions, including the home of the Syracuse Orangemen!
Park Terrace is truly a well-rounded community of care and support. We take pride in offering excellent assisted living and memory care services in central New York.
We offer each resident the experience they have always dreamt of living. We have comfortable private and semi-private rooms, as well as high-end amenities and services:
- an ice cream parlor
- a salon
- warm and welcoming sunrooms
- a living room in each wing
- a game room
At Park Terrace, we pride ourselves on offering choices that allow each resident to live with the sense of well-being that comes from being home and the social opportunities of a community. Take comfort in your surroundings, of your time, and be a part of our neighborhood. With our personal care, supportive staff, a full calendar of activities and events, and fine dining, we respect our residents’ dignity and individuality, all the while enriching the quality of their lives.
Visitation Plan During Covid19 (Updated September 2020)
The community visitation plan was developed considering recommendations from the Department of Health Regulations, CDC Guidelines. We also take into account case status in the area surrounding the community, testing access, availability of protective equipment and supplies, staffing levels, presence/absence of COVID-19 cases in the facility, capacity of the local hospital to manage an outbreak, resident meal times, as well as other internal scheduled facility events.
- Outdoor visitation will begin effective September 17, 2020
- Visitation days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Visitation times are: on the hour from 10a until 530p. Except for Saturday, which is 10a-2p
- An appointment is necessary to schedule a visit. Please call Meghan at 315-638-9207 to schedule your visit.
- Visitation is limited to once a week per resident to ensure we can accommodate all residents’ visitation.
- Please contact Nicole in the event a resident is on hospice services to discuss the hospice visitation policy.
- The number of visitors is limited to two individuals over the age of 18
- Visitors are requested not to arrive before the appointed visiting time.
- Visitors will be greeted by staff outside the facility to sign in, complete the screening form, and have their temperature checked.
- The sign-in form will not be shared with others and will be securely stored to protect the information recorded. Visitors will receive a copy of the Visitor Information Handout.
- Upon completing the screening procedure, the visitor(s) will perform hand hygiene, don a mask, and be escorted to the designated visiting area. Staff will assist the resident with hand hygiene and donning a mask, then escort the resident to the visiting area. Staff will assist the resident as needed during the visit.
- No food or drinks are allowed during the visit.
- Public restroom facilities will not be available for visitor use.
- Visitors may not enter the building.
- Visitors and residents are seated 6 feet apart. If the resident is not able to wear a mask, the distance will be increased to 12 feet.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from physical contact with the resident.
- Visitation will be temporarily halted in the event COVID -19 diagnosis is confirmed for residents or staff.
- Hand hygiene materials are available during the visit.
- At the conclusion of the visit, the resident and staff will be escorted out of the designated visiting area to do sanitation procedures.
- Please be aware that any visitor will be restricted during the COVID19 state’s duration declared public health emergency for failure to adhere to the visitation protocol.
- Several room sizes and layouts available
- Private studio apartments with private bathrooms
- Semi Private apartments
- Spacious bathrooms complete with convenient walk in showers and safety features
- Furnished apartments, but we encourage residents to bring cherished furnishings and belongings
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Three delicious homemade meals coordinated by a registered dietician and served each day in our beautiful dining rooms
- Morning coffee break and evening snacks daily
- Private dining room available for guest meals, private parties and special occasion use
- Ice Cream parlor with scheduled ice cream socials
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Housekeeping, Linen and Personal Laundry Service Provided
- On-site podiatry services
- Visiting nursing, physical and occupational therapy services available
- Pets and visitor pets welcome
- Transportation to local medical appointments available
- Support Groups on site
- Lovely Radisson community setting
- Beautiful outdoor gardens and benches to rest on
- Walking trails both surrounding the community and throughout the neighborhood
- Brick paved courtyard for relaxing in the sun or shade
- Spacious main living room complete with fireplace and library
- Bright and cozy Sun-rooms on every wing
- Multiple living rooms each include cable TV
- Activity and craft kitchen
- Main street style layout with bright and cheerful environment
- A wide variety of activities coordinated with your interest and desires in mind
- Daily exercise
- Weekly Happy Hour on Friday afternoons complete with entertainment
- Wii bowling tournaments
- A variety of games including cards, Bunko, Yahtzee
- Book Club & library club
- Daily News & Views
- Special events including an annual Luau
- Attractions in Radisson
- River Park Boat Launch
- The Radisson Ale House
- Radisson Greens Golf Course
- Tennis Courts
- Community Pool
- Family Parks with playgrounds and a pavilion
- Miles of beautiful walking paths
- Attractions Around Baldwinsville, NY
- Beaver Lake Nature Center
- Paper Mill Island
- Three Rivers
- The Seneca River
- Attractions Around Syracuse, NY
- Rosamond Gifford Zoo
- Erie Canal Museum
- MOST Museum
- Everson Museum
- Syracuse Stage
- Landmark Theater
- Alliance Bank Stadium
- The Carrier Dome
- Armory Square
- The Regional Market
- Dinosaur BBQ
- The Great New York State Fairgrounds
- Onondaga Lake Park
Visitation Guidelines Update after March 29th, 2021
New York Assisted Living Residents Celebrate Newly-Released Visitation Guidelines and the Resumption of Communal Community Activities
Clifton Park, NY, March 29, 2021 – The patience of thousands of NY seniors and their families have finally been rewarded with relaxed visitation and communal activities now being authorized by the New York State Department of Health, the regulating agency.
The Department of Health’s new guidelines, issued on March 25th, has essentially opened the doors again for over 50,000 residents who call the assisted living community their home. This long-awaited guidance is based on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMC) guidelines and allows for visitation more widely and for residents to go on outings without the heavy burden of having to quarantine for 14 days upon return.
“Assisted living residents, family members, providers and staff have been through an extraordinarily difficult year. For providers, keeping COVID-19 out of buildings has been the core focus, but the human and emotional costs cannot be overstated,” said Lisa Newcomb, Executive Director, Empire State Association of Assisted Living. “The new guidance will allow more frequent and meaningful interactions between residents and their loved ones.”
Newcomb makes note of some particularly significant changes that the new guidance makes, including that visitation and other activities will no longer need to be shut down for 14 days for all residents if there is a new positive resident or staff case. In addition, standards for group activities and communal dining have been relaxed. These changes mean that residents will be able to enjoy time with their fellow residents, that they call friends, and enjoy all the wonderful amenities and activities provided by their assisted living community.
“The vaccine is the game-changer. The overwhelming majority of our residents are fully vaccinated. Due to the pronounced efficacy of the vaccines in preventing COVID-19, the NYS Department of Health has given residents and providers the much-needed green light to re-open their doors and provide for a more active lifestyle for the seniors in our care,” added Newcomb.
About Empire State Association of Assisted Living Empire State Association of Assisted Living is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to strengthening New York State’s assisted living sector and promoting the best interests of providers and residents. Founded in 1979, ESAAL is the only association that exclusively represents the assisted living industry, serving 300 Assisted Living Residences, Adult Homes, Enriched Housing Programs and Assisted Living Programs throughout New York State. These member residences are home to more than 30,000 seniors