Hampshire House is an exceptional assisted-living community overlooking the beautiful rolling mountains and lush green valleys of Oneonta, NY.
Our striking location is just one of the many advantages of our home. Our comfortable atmosphere is coupled with excellent care provided by dedicated, compassionate caregivers. Our comprehensive services and amenities for seniors have been designed to promote independence and enhance our residents’ quality of life.
At Hampshire House we pride ourselves in offering services that help our residents remain as independent as possible while providing compassionate care in a respectful and dignified setting. Our professional staff completes a thorough assessment of all residents prior to admission and on an ongoing basis to ensure that the plan of care for each resident is as individual as the resident themself. Our community has been designed with all resident apartments and most common spaces on a single level, allowing our residents to readily experience all of our exciting and unique amenities.
Hampshire House is licensed by the New York Department of Health and our services are tailored to the individual needs and requirements of our seniors, including a flexible adult day care, and respite stays for up to six weeks that can serve as a trial period to see if Hampshire House is a good fit for your loved one.
In addition to assisted living, Hampshire House has a 24 bed memory care wing with specially trained staff for dementia and Alzheimer’s residents with Wanderguard protection to keep your loved ones safe and secure.
- A variety of apartment accommodations are available including two sizes of private apartments with private baths, private apartments with shared baths and semi private apartments
- Although apartments are furnished, residents are encouraged to bring cherished belongings and furnishings
- Basic cable hook-up and internet access in each apartment
- 24-hour emergency call systems in each resident apartment and bathroom
- A roomy main dining room offers restaurant-style dining
- Three well-balanced, chef-prepared meals and snacks served each day
- Table-side serving by our chef
- Therapeutic diets available
- A more intimate dining area is provided for those residents who are more comfortable with a less busy experience with individualized attention
- Private dining room available for special family get-togethers
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Housekeeping, Linen and Personal Laundry Service Provided
- Affiliation with local multi-specialty medical group including onsite visits on a regular basis and consultation with a comprehensive range of medical specialists
- Monthly podiatrist visits
- On-call medical consultant
- 24-hour on-site personal care staff
- Assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Structured programs for residents with varying degrees of dementia and memory loss
- Medication supervision and assistance
- Pharmacy services
- Audio consultations as needed
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Indoor heated pool
- Fitness center
- Billiards table
- Computer lab
- Web cam available with resident and family instruction so that our residents and family and friends can video visit at anytime via Skype
- Shopping trips and excursions, including concerts, museums and cultural events
- Diversified activities and social events planned 7-days per week
- Weekly Happy Hour on Friday afternoons
Residents pay for only the services they need.